8 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

10 KASIM VESİLESİYLE ANNEM BİR ANISINI PAYLAŞIYOR- MY MOTHER SHARES A MEMORY ON OCCASION OF NOV. 10th


TURKISH  (English text furter below)

Geçen gün annemi ve babamı ziyaret ettik. Babam 92, annem 89 yaşındadır ve her ikisi de Atatürk’ü görmüştür.Yaklaşmakta olan 10 Kasım vesilesiyle Atatürk’ü gördükleri zamanları andılar. Ben bu sefer akıllılık ettim ve bu muhabbetleri videoya  kaydettim.

Atatürk İstanbul Büyükada’daki Yat Külübü’ne giderdi (şimdi Anadolu Klübü). Çocukluğu Büyükada’da geçen annem de o zamanlar karşılaşmış. Aşağıdaki videoklip’te o sohbetten kısa bir an naklediyorum. Atatürk’ ü gördüğü anlardan biri değil bu, ölümünden sonrasına ait bir şey. Annemin kendi sözlerine bırakayım.

Yalnız bazı bilgisayarlarda klipler gözükmediği için konuşmayı önce yazılı olarak vereceğim:

Annem:
-Yalnız beni çok etkileyen ölümünden sonra sinemaya gittim, o zaman dünya haberlerini bir Fransız...kana.. şey...sinema şirketi...

 Ben:
-Pathé?

Annem:
-...yapıyordu...

Ben:
-Pathé haber?

Annem:
-Pathé’ydi herhâlde! Orada duyduğum cümle kulaklarımda: “Vatanını yeniden yaratan adam öldü” dediler, “Mustafa Kemâl öldü, vatanını yeniden yaratan adam öldü.!” O...o beni öyle etkilemiş ki o ses hep kulağımda, yani dünyaya o hissi verdi. Yeniden yarattı, yani, biz demiyoruz bunu, yabancılar  söy(lüyor), dünya haber(leri), Les Yeux et les Oreilles du Monde (“Dünyanın Gözleri ve Kulakları”) diye...

Ben:
-Evet!

Annem:
...birşeydi.

Ben:
-Cümlenin aslını da söyleyebilir misin?

Eşim:
-Fransızca...

Annem:
-“L’Homme qui a recrée sa patrie et mort!”

Ben:
-Merci!

Videoklip
(6 Kasım 2012, kendi objektifinden)
Videoclip
(November 6th, 2012, image from my own camera)

ENGLISH
The footnote links do not work; you will have to scroll down to to the footnotes for expanded information. There is only one footnote, so it's okay.

We were visiting my parents the other day, and with the approch of November 10th [1] and my parents being as ripe in age as they are- my mother 89 and my father 92- it was natural to ask them of the times they had seen Atatürk himself, in the flesh. They graciously shared their memories with us and this time I had the presence of mind to point my camera at them.

Atatürk used to frequent the Yacht Club (today it’s the Anadolu- “Anatolian”- Club) at Büyükada, the largest of Istanbul’s Prince’s Islands. And that is where my mother spent her childhood. She would see him arrive and leave, but in the videoclip above I am sharing with you another one of her recollections; an impression from after his decease. 

Below is a translation of what you hear on the clip:

My mother:
-But there was one thing that left a great impression on me; I went to the cinema after his death and at that time the news was presented by a French cha... I mean... film company...

Me:
-Pathé?
-Pathé news?

My mother.
-It must have been Pathé! The phrase I heard there is still in my ears! “The man who recreated his motherland is dead” they said, “Mustafa Kemal, the man who recreated his motherland is dead!”. That... that had such an effect on me that the voice is always in my ears, I mean, it’s not us saying this, but foreigners, the news of the world, Les Yeux et les Oreilles du Monde (“The Eyes and Ears of the World”)...

Me:
-Yes!

My mother:
-...is what it was called.

Me:
Can you repeat the original phrase?

My wife:
-In French...

My mother:
-“L’Homme qui a recrée sa patrie et mort!


[1] Anniversary of the death of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, and traditional day of commemoration. He died on November  10th, 1938.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder